MOT in East Cheshire

Hi All,

I got my car through the IVA test a number of years ago, subsequently had a load of engine problems, which after a new carb, cam and starter motor and discovering a leaking inlet valve got it running properly. More months pass by and I finally ring my local garage to see if I can book an MOT, only to find out they don’t do MOT’s for Kit Cars. They suggested somewhere but I don’t really fancy driving the car over the hills to get there.

Does anyone know of an MOT station in the Macclesfield area that is experienced with kit cars?

Many Thanks 

Nigel

Have always found it's best to use the same station as does your daily driver, they had the work for the run of the mill wheels you own; so are probably prepared to go the extra mile.

Never heard an MOT station refusing to test a kit, they are just a normal Class 4 tests, the only time I have been an issue was when the tester was too large to fit in the kit 😂 he had the apprentice sit in the car.