Rear springs

apgodden

What's the setup on the car, Sierra springs and dampers or coil covers? The ride height on my old S7 was fine with std Sierra springs. It might be set up to give correct camber, this changes with ride height I had to use camber wedges on mine to correct too much camber.

• Like 1

Need to confirm exactly what you have.  As above though if its the sierra shocks and springs then first try and confirm which springs you have, and swap to saloon springs if you have estate ones.  You can still buy Sierra lowering springs if you do need them, but I would be surprised if that were the case.  Full sets of 40mm lowering springs on ebay from little over £80 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Kilen-Sports-Suspension-Lowering-Springs-Set-922408/351224006592?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3ASierra&hash=item51c69507c0:g:XFkAAOSwJJdc2erJ

I think the S7 often ended up with a large gap. The wheels were often not well centred either. I've seen a few like that. I also have 15 " wheels and standard Sierra springs and shocks. I'd like to keep my ground clearance as it is so I'm living with it. The gap goes down about 2" with people inboard. 

IMG_20200720_133100_compress18.jpg

Thanks for the info guys.  I  will take a picture and post it.  How do I check what springs I need?  If I do need saloon springs is this what I need? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Ford-Sierra-Saloon-Genuine-Kilen-Rear-Suspension-Coil-Springs-Pair/303155795792?fits=Model%3ASierra&hash=item46957e5750:g:XToAAOSw3M9c3FiC