Bike Carb trouble

Burney

Thank you for you thoughts and suggestions. Had a good run this morning and much smoother. Exhaust backfiring occassionly but I think thats just cos I need a regulator in.

Got some different hoses to try so hopefully be getting some trouble free runs soon.

something i planned on doing when i finally get around to putting mine on was adding a bracket from the bike carbs to the top of the rocker cover. You can clearly see on your pic  the threaded hole that was originally used for the sierra air box on the rocker cover if i remember correctly, which can secure one end with the other onto one of the screws on the carb. Not sure if this is a good idea or not but i figure it should stop the carbs bouncing up and down only on the joining hoses.

Again i haven't actually got it on yet but i bought some marine reinforced rubber hose that is fuel rated, so will see how well that secures them on. It's pretty thick though so not sure how well it will work.

I also plan on tapping each runner and adding a small vacuum plenum underneith with a take off for manifold and advance which hopefully will stop any pulsing. hopefully will put this to the test in the near future.

I also wonder why they don't use a better system to join them but i think as you mentioned it is probably down to cost as you'd have to get flanges made for each setup rather than simple pipe.

Disconnect the vacuum line to the distributor, it’ll be pulsing like mad being connected to one runner. The vac advance is only to improve consumption at low speeds. If you richen up the idle screws it may improve the backfiring, it could be air leaks though or just get used to it!