Midi strip fuse

Matt shep

Mine is rated 63A.

Could go a bit lower as I have no high power loads.

One thing to remember is that the batttery charge current goes through this and I have a 50A alternator so with a new battery (takes a larger charge current than a clapped out one) I have a bit of headroom for when the alternator gets enthusiastic.

I was thinking of a 60amp fuse but not sure of the wiring amps I didn't want to cause a fire

Just bought so 50amp ones to see if it's starts and I am going to look at the alternator for voltage spikes

Did you think it would be safe with a 60 amp fuse in instead of 50 amp what's your views?

If you have the normal 40A alternator 50A should be good. 63 is what ford had on early sierras, I have not checked what they fitted later.

I would be checking for any problems with the wires rubbing causing shorts, the original fuse went for a reason, the reason is normally a short.

If replaceing the fuse and it holds up then it is checking all other circuits to find anything not working to try narrowing down where there could be problems.

Good luck

Sorted it 

It turned out to be a bear wire inside the cockpit

Was a scary moment when everytime I try something a fuse would blow

Only took 3 fuse's thank good I ordered 6

I thing a run at the weekend for a good measure. Finger cross no more break downs