Engine swap or not to swap?

apgodden

I have bought my 2b and it arrives on Tuesday.  It has a 2.0 pinto it was rebuilt 2005 with lighten flywheel and  has bike carbs.  Do I take the brand new 2.0 Zetec Blactop out of the S7 and swap it with the 2.0 Pinto and then sell the S7?

Attachment-4.jpeg.30e2572ed6de0bcf2ee87c7a6c115c74.jpeg1477850136_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.0603c14f454ab3670e1fdcde25bff9f7.jpg2077543690_s-l1600(3).thumb.jpg.40497e5fc10119e8ee83da868cfa852a.jpg

It depends on how quickly you need to sell one car. Zetec probably has more tuning potential but you might not be bothered about absolute power. A decent Pinto on bike carbs is still a nice engine in a 2B. Swapping 2 engines isn't going to be a weekends work and anyone who says it otherwise is lying. 

If you can keep 2 cars, why not get some use out of the 2B and if you think it's worth the effort, swap engines over the winter. 

Thanks for that.  I will see what it like when it arrives.  I don’t have to sell it straight away but don’t want it to be hanging around taking space up.

my brother is good with engine and mechanics and has a large industrial unit we can do the work in.

would I need new engine mounts and would the propshafts fit?