drive shaft on the right-hand side

Gerhard

Hello together,

my problem is the drive shaft on the right-hand side. My Robin Hood Super Seven is based on a Ford Sierra from 1986 with the 2 litre Engine, 100 PS / 74 Kw.

The drive shaft bellows are in no good codition, so I have to renwe them. But in Germany I can't find a new drive shaft, or even the bellow-set repair kit. Has anybody an idea where I can get one complete shaft or repair kit for both sides of the shaft?

Greatings from Germany

Gerhard

Thank you Martin,

but this is one part of the Problem. I get those bellows. but there is an other part you must replace. It looks like a Bell and is crimped on top. The bellow is on the foot of this "bell". To change the bellow, you must open the flanging, disconnect the Tripod, then you can replace the bellow. That's the Problem. I can't get this "Bell".

Not to sure what you require are you wanting the CV joint as well or just the bellows?

Another option is to fit the split type of bellows never used them myself (ebay No 353081359844)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Best-Quality-Sticky-Easy-Fit-Cv-Gator-Replacement-Cv-Boot-Outer-X2-For-Ford/353081359844?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3ASierra&hash=item523549fde4:g:xt4AAOSwiOxexDT7

Regards

Martin

36 minutes ago, Gerhard said:

Here is an picture complete drve shaft. The "Bell" are the black Parts at the end.

drive shaft

How about this part is this what you are looking for ebay 130545315788

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-GRANADA-SIERRA-WESTFIELD-REAR-CV-JOINT-100mm/130545315788?fits=Car+Make%3AFord&hash=item1e651b6fcc:g:y74AAOSwHNxaPTMq

Regards

Martin

OK, I try to explain.

If you want to replace the bellow, you must open the black parts you see on the link, I've postet. These parts, I don't know the englisch name, so I call them Bell, are  on this side which you stuck the drive shaft into the rear axle differantial and the wheel hub crimbed to the toothed axle. So if you want to disconect the tripod bearing spider wich is inside, you must open the flare and pull the bell down. then you can disconnect the tripod, pull the Bell and the bellow from the axle and replace the bellow with the new one. Now you have to replace the Bell too, but you never get the flaning so good as the original one. Also you have to replace the bell too. And here is the problem: I can't get a new Bell. So I look for a new drive shaft,

I hope i described the problem well

I have looked at the Haynes manual and I think what you are after is the "driveshaft joint cover". It looks like this is part of the driveshaft and I also cannot find a replacement for you. I believe you may need to replace the driveshaft as you thought also. I think this is it on ebay possibly? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130955392057

That's what I mean. And it's really the best war to solve the problem with a new driveshaft. But it's impossibel to get a right-hand side, even at eBay. There are many shops wich offer it, but not in stock.

Anyone with an idear?

I'm using these J & R driveshafts.  If this is the same design as the ones that I bought, they are too large in diameter to pass though the hole in the swinging arm using the normal installation method.  After discussions with the owner of J & R I had to take the outer joint off, put that into the hub from the inside, put the rest of the shaft into the diff and reconnect the joint.  There's just enough room to do this.  The owner said that he originally designed these for Westfields which don't have the hole size problem.

let us know how you get on.