Super Spec Goes To Chadderton

Guest bugsy

Guest Friar Tuck
Exhaust paste?

It's what is supplied with the kit, and is used in assembly of exhaust systems, and sets when hot to form a gas tight seal and prevents leaks !!!!!!!

I guess you haven't used any Dredd, and were lucky! :D :D

Bill probably needs to use some, but won't know until he gets his car to an SVA test :lol: :lol: :p

The Friar

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the handbrake, The outer sleeves of the handbrake is held by a piece of metal bent at 90º and as the handbrake is pulled, the whole thing flexes terribly, this is not good enough, but can easily be put right with a couple of bracing pieces.

post-9-1095289790.jpg

Guest rhetorical-oracle

Not wanting to sound funny or anything, but shouldn't that handbrake bracket be fitted the other way up! I'm sure in the video that the 90 degree bend points upwards and not downwards as shown in the picture above! :huh:

Phill

Did you get a lot of people Winking and waving at you when you were wizzing along? If so Rizla's right

Yes as a matter of fact i did Bill ;) ,

They were all stunning leggy blond's who wanted to have a go in a proper car :lol: :lol: and commenting that the colour makes them horny :o

I'm sure in the video that the 90 degree bend points upwards and not downwards 

What have i done ???? :blink:

In my video all it has is six hours of colourfull fluffy things with tv screens for bellys. maybe thats why it has been so bloody difficult!!

Seriously there was no mention of the offending bracket on my video, there was about an hour of fitting the hood and window wipers though, which in my opinion were a waste of time!!

Could someone let me have a pic so i can see what you are all on about, i feel left out :boohoo: :boohoo:

Cheers

Bugsy

Guest rhetorical-oracle

Bugsy,

On the second video I have it starts with Richard explaining how to cut the carpet into little bits. About 6 minutes in he goes on to explain the fitting of the handbrake cable, and the little bracket makes a brief appearance attached to the car, blink and you'll miss it. But it's definately attached pointing upwards, rather than down.

Phill.

HI Bugsy

I had a problem with the hand brake cables at sva and had to fit skids to protect them as I have the bracket pointing down as well the skids make it all very stiff and take the impact when it grounds out.

Have a took at http://www.stevedohc2b.freeserve.co.uk/new_under_car.jpg

for hi res pic or attached.

I have the lowered floor as you do.

see my sva report @

http://www.stevedohc2b.freeserve.co.uk/sva_test.htm

I have now done 5000 + miles and still OK although grounds out a bit on rough roads when towing it.

well don with the test car looks great

all the best stephen

Thanks for the pics Dredd,

That makes sense now i see it, i will have a look at turning it over on Saturday.

I see what you mean Stephen, hopefully we will be able to sort it,

Just got off the phone to Friar and thrashed out a few ideas he had come up with, something to try at weekend.

Cheers guys :rolleyes:

Bugsy

And good luck Friar for the retest tomorrow :)

Wow what a diference it makes when you do things right, i now have a hand brake that works,

BUT

I have just spent the last 2 hours replacing my Lambda because of the fail i got on the test results, i have smacked exaust paste over everything, and then! i found a small hole in the weld on the 4into1 manifold :boohoo:

Would this be enough to cause the fail reading, if so what is the best thing to plug the hole with?

Bugsy