Guest bugsy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TerryBarry
i found a small hole in the weld on the 4into1 manifold

In my experience that will do it.

I had two pinholes in the central section of pipe after the cat and this was the problem.

Holes were so small that no exhaust leak was noticed on MOT - 'cause the air was being sucked in :wacko:

Cheers Chaps,

I have a mig welder, never used it yet though,

I need a quick fix SVA retest Friday, may possibly give local college a ring tomorrow and ask if they need any welding practice,

Bugsy

Glad the finger is ok gregg and thanks for the offer,but i have a BIGGERproblem now, the new brake hoses i orderd with the unions to go through the panel, which i was expecting today DIDNT ARRIVE

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH

So it looks like no MAC for me tomorrow, everything else is sorted now, isnt that just sods law, bugger :(

Guest Friar Tuck

Sorry to hear that mate!

Is there any temporary fix to beef it up?

Good luck with whatever you do.

Just got off the phone with Dredd, he is ready and looking forward to his re-test at 1.00 p.m. tomorrow.

All the best to both of you!

The Friar

Edited by Friar Tuck

Is there any temporary fix to beef it up?

Not really :( , i want it to pass with how i will eventually use the car so i am going tomorrow, i am taking Mrs Bugsy, the sun WILL shine B) and it will be a good run out,

S*** happens, i have waited a long time for the chance to have a RH so i believe a couple more weeks wont hurt,

ok who am i trying to kid, i am gutted but what can you do? :boohoo:

I will see if it passes on everything else tomorrow so all that remains is the brake lines which shouldn’t take two mins to check and then i am home free with just the DVLA to get through.

Good luck Dredd for tomorrow ;) .

Bugsy

Well i hope Dredd has had better luck than me! :boohoo:

There is a problem with the ECU which is makeing it near on impossible to get a reading on the HT leads for the emissions test, result another " refusal to test "

So i need to patch the hole in the zorst which may or may not be causing the weird results, everything else looks good apart from the handbrake again which still needs more strength, any more and the car's going to fold in half when i pull the handbrake on :lol:

So not the present i was after but another good ride out in the Hood, havnt booked a re-test yet as i want to be absolutly sure that everything is hunkydory before takeing it back,

oh the bolts for the inner seat belt mounts were not 11mm they were 10mm. These had passed 1st time round :blink:

Cant fault the testers because

A: they were very fair and constructive

and B: they read this Fourum ( hi chaps :p )

Apart from that its my Birthday today so i am going out to get blotto :wacko:

Cheers for now

Bugsy

Hi guys

Well a sunny start to the day. I set off nice and early to avoid any last minute rush. I wrote my directions on a envelope and put them on the passenger seat. They are now somewhere near Crawley on the M23! :o

Reached destination early, went to local shopping centre for comfort break and remembered to take my battery cut off key with me I went to the local Mcd's. On return I dropped the battery key into the car and couldn't find it. However it took a good 5 minutes before panic set in. Never mind all found with 15 minutes to go, just enough time to fill up with petrol. Oh it was busy and the elderly lady in front obviously had time on her hands. :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: After my 30 litres of slow fill and admiring glances from the queue behind I reached the centre on the dot. :D

Lots of admiring looks and comments from the examiners and because it was a slow day, three of them decided to do the re-test :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Mutterings of 'a Caterham failed this morning' and anxious moments on the brake tester when I realised the speedo had stopped working :unsure: :unsure: Glady, that had been assessed last time and had passed.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, it PASSED!!! :D :lol: :p ;) :o :D :lol: :p Superb trip home (extended) just looked at the MAC and discovered it is now a Robin Hood Super 7! :lol:

Just the registration to go now :p

Bugsy - Bad luck, having picked our cars up at the same time in Notts, it would have been good to pass SVA at the same time on the same day. Better luck next time, have a brill birthday. B)