Twin Webber 40 dcoe

apgodden

After driving my new 2b for the week I have fallen in love with it and the 2.0 pinto engine.

was very impressed by the power and the sound out of the exhaust so not going to change the engine over from my S7 Zetec.

I have bought twin Webber 40 dcoe, the guy could not set them up saying he could not get the engine to rev up.  

any ideas.

62415121-6FAE-408F-9B7D-DAED191D316E.png

I have twin 40s on mine & they work a treat although they aren't the most economical of devices !  The best way to get them sorted is a session on a rolling road with somebody "old school"

You'll really need to see what jets & chokes are in them - easy enough to change but they won't work too well at all if they aren't matched to the engine.

I can tell you what are in mine if you'd like but I have an FR32 cam in and the head has had some work so it's not "standard".

Steve

The head on mine has been skimmed by  about 1mm (I think), the exhaust valve seats have been replaced with hardened ones for unleaded fuel and the ports were re-shaped to Dave Andrews instructions.  The work was carried out at a local machine shop which sadly shut down a few years ago.

As to fuel economy, on a steady run I can get close to 30mpg and on a track day I've had it down to single figures but, as Mark says, who cares !

Edited by Foz

23 hours ago, Foz said:

I have twin 40s on mine & they work a treat although they aren't the most economical of devices !  The best way to get them sorted is a session on a rolling road with somebody "old school"

You'll really need to see what jets & chokes are in them - easy enough to change but they won't work too well at all if they aren't matched to the engine.

I can tell you what are in mine if you'd like but I have an FR32 cam in and the head has had some work so it's not "standard".

Steve

Hi Steve,  Can you recommend a linkage kit.  If possible could you measure your intake manifold for depth from carbs to head.  and if possible a picture of the webbers fitted to your car.

The manifold I'm using is from Burton Power - their part No. IM4272.  If you go on their website I think it will give you sizes but it is only about 35mm from head to carbs. The linkage I'm using is one I modified myself - I'll try and get a picture of it to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Photos of my linkage attached - this was the original linkage on the carbs when I bought the carbs but I have no idea where it came from (somebody on here might recognise it). When I fitted the short manifold I modified it so that the cable adjusters are higher up, putting less of a bend in the cables as they go over the engine. I also replaced what was a metal arm with the white nylon piece you can see - the metal arm was a loose fit at the carb end & rattled about giving about 1/2" free play at the pedal.  The nylon arm cured this. 

Hope this helps,  Steve.

IMG_20200822_095900.jpg

IMG_20200822_095909.jpg

IMG_20200822_095958.jpg