Pinto engine - 205 block & injection head.

Foz

I need to clear some space in my garage!

This is the block from the original engine in my car and was running OK when it came out. As far as I know it has done about 120K miles from new, bearings, shells etc. are all original, the only work done on it was to replace the sump with the shortened one you can see in the photos.  The clutch was new when the kit was built so it has done about 10k miles and was working fine when it came out.  The head I'm selling is from the replacement engine which I fitted to my car and which I bought a rebuilt engine with the head off so I could check pistons etc.  All I can tell you about this head is that it's an injection one which I was told has had the inlet ports opened up for twin 45s (you can see that on the pictures).  As I am running twin 40s and my original head was in good nick and had been skimmed & ported etc. I put my original head on the new block.     I hope you're keeping up with this story !

I would say that both the block and head would need a good looking at to check their condition & to see what work has been done on the head.

Could be a nice winter project ?

I think I've got a standard cam & followers which I'll chuck in if you want it ........................ as soon as I find it.

All I'm asking is £50 of your finest pounds and you can come and take it away.  Collection from Stoke-on-Trent.

Thanks for looking,  Steve.

IMG_20200829_130432.jpg

IMG_20200829_130451.jpg

IMG_20200829_130506.jpg

IMG_20200829_130803.jpg

IMG_20200829_130832.jpg

IMG_20200829_130921.jpg

Looks like we're going to be at the daughter's house most of today so if anyone messages me today don't think I'm ignoring you but I probably won't be able to reply until tonight.