Torque settings for a Pinto head

NickandNeil

From my Haynes Manual

Cylinder Head Bolts Splined type bolts                                      Nm                                    lbf

Stage 1.............................................................................40 to 45                         30 to 41

Stage 2.............................................................................50 to 70                         37 to 52

Stage 3 (after 20 minutes)................................................ 73 to 83                         54 to 61

Stage 4 (after running engine for 15 min at 1000 rpm)......95 to 115                        70 to 85

Torx type bolts

Stage 1..............................................................................35 to 40                          26 to 30

Stage 2..............................................................................70 to 75                          52 to 55

Stage 3 (after 5 minutes)..................................................Tighten through a further 90 deg.

Sounds right Maca, must say the 90 degree final tighten on the Torx bolts made me cringe a little but worked fine on my 1990 Pinto.

Probably telling you what you already know but make sure the bolt holes are free of any fluid and I would suggest to use clean engine oil on the threads of the new bolts..