ME221 Map for Duratec

wowblaauw

Hi all,

A friend of mine has a superspec and has dropped in a duratec 2.0l with a ME221 Ecu. Seems he’s been provided with a base map for a Zetec, hmm. 

Any of you out there have a similar setup base map for a duratec? 

He’s also running R1 Big Bang iTB,s

thanks in advance,

Craig

ME have great customer service so that would be my first place to call and WTF are “ R1 Big Bang ITB’s”

and yes I know they are ITB’s from an R1 but that means nothing. The Duratec works well with 44/45mm ITB’s (throttle plate diameter not inlet or outlet port size) and an

RF 3S4G head

Hi Paul, many thanks for the info. Actually, I popped an email over to ME yesterday. My friend was hoping for something this weekend. Anyhow, the Big Bang engine came from moto gp engines back in the day whereby the engine fires all 4 cylinders in quick succession or at the same time as opposed to in regular formation. Gives best of high torq and high power I.e. big 2 cylinder 4 stroke for torq and in-line 4 cylinder for power. Makes the engine vibrate which is a bit word at first... anyhow, the r1 engines iTB’s are being used for this installation.

Cheers

Craig