Fog light feed

NickandNeil

Still having trouble finding the correct feed for my fog light.  Acording to the IVA it now needs to lose a feed when on sidelights.

I was told on a previous thread (which I cannot find) that I should take it from the black and white wire between the light switch and the dip switch.  I have tested all the wire between both switch and none of them lose the feed when on sidelights.  The wiring loom is off a sierra 1984.

Any help would be much apprciated.

Neil.

Are you checking the wires between left and right switches, there should be a wire joining the light switch to the main beam flash switch. Might be white with black trace. This will stay live with headlamps on while the flasher switch activates main beam and turns off dip. 

On later cars its a small brown/black wire which is switched to earth as relays where added to the lights.

12 hours ago, Jez Morton said:

Are you checking the wires between left and right switches, there should be a wire joining the light switch to the main beam flash switch. Might be white with black trace. This will stay live with headlamps on while the flasher switch activates main beam and turns off dip. 

On later cars its a small brown/black wire which is switched to earth as relays where added to the lights.

Just now, NickandNeil said:

I could possbly take a live feed off the dip headlights feed, but should the Fog lights also work on main beam?

12 hours ago, Jez Morton said:

Jez, I have tested all the wires between the two switches , I cannot find one that loses the feed. This may be because on the early Sierra they had no reason for a not using a permanent live because fog lights were allowed on side lights.

Just been looking at the ford wiring diagram for 1982/3 sierras.

The Italian variation only lets the rear fog lamps work with the dip headlights.

The Swedish version lets it work with either dipped or main headlights.

All other variations of loom let it work with the side lights on.