New alloys..... where to start?

raystevenson

Hi

I'm looking to replace my wheels but haven't a clue where to start? Any recommendations of places in the midlands? and what info would I need off the old wheels to purchase new ones? Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂 - ps my wheels look the same as these currently....... only in a lot worse state!

image.png.041f70d78ff06a94debafb4621f74d7c.png

Edited by raystevenson

Should have the offset stamped on the inside ie et 82 or similar. You need pcd which is pitch circle diameter , spacing of studs you need to measure in mm if you don't know and you need width and size of wheel. This governs the tyre size and choice . Plenty of choice in 15 inch not much in 14 for instance . Width is probably stamped on inside too ie 6j

These look similar to the ones fitted to my 2b+ when I got it.  I replaced them with 17" Friction Alloy Wheels.

Bought them from Alloy Wheel Trader of ebay, They were very helpful.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17-Friction-Alloy-Wheels-Fit-Ford-Fiesta-Focus-Fusion-Mondeo-Orion-Sierra-4x108/203068983603?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

car 1.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

car 3.jpg

• Like 1

They look good. What I didn't mention is that by careful calculation and measurement it is possible to change wheel sizes and by selecting the correct size and profile of tyres still have the same rolling circumference so you don't effect ride height or speedometer calibration 

• Like 1