New member - just purchased my robin hood

Guest Ricktate

Guest Ricktate

Hi all,

I have just joined and have today purchased my car - getting it delivered on Sunday and can not wait!

Is there anything in particular I should know / check when I first get it?

are there any local meets in Lancashire (I’m in Lytham)

rick

Guest Ricktate

Thanks, I’m no mechanic (but learning quickly) have had a few classics so not an absolute beginner. I like to do as much as I can my self but do have mechanic friends for the more complex things.

one thing that does concern me a little is the driving position as I’m 6 foot 2 inch. I can drive it fine but would like a bit more room if you or anyone else have any easy fixes?

rick

There is a bit of movement on the steering column. can be moved up and out by undoing a few bolts (Unless its an adjustable rack. I am 6' 3"  and have had to do this on both kits i have owned (2b and zero) also a smaller steering wheel fitted on both mine to give me better knee clearance when cornering.

Edited by keith kelly

Good Morning,

I read there are maybe several  pedal boxes. Is this so? If yes, what are the differences? I have a Problem with my left leg and the clutchpedal, it's to near. Is it possible to change this? Seat is completely in the back.

Edited by Gerhard

Do you have the standard Sierra pedal box? Is the clutch pedal at the same level as the brake? You say you have the seat all the way back, are you very tall, over 6'?

There are probably other pedal box options but none of them will be a simple fit so it's going to be best to try and make what you have work better.

I'am 5″8 foot. but I have to bend my left knee mostly all the time. on longer straight roads, I stretch it under the pedal. I bent the gaspedal a bit to the Front, that's better. But I don't know, if I could do this with the clutchpedal. I think I need all the way to opne the clutch. So, if there is an better way, I want to try it.

Check how far you need to press the clutch pedal to release the clutch. If the pedal is a long way off the floor with the clutch released, you have the option to cut and re-weld the pedal or do something with the cable.

Do you know if your clutch pedal is self adjusting type. If it is, you may be able to use a cable which has a longer inner part which will drop the pedal close to the floor. Look at the cable end at the clutch arm, does it have a threaded adjustable part or is it just a nipple on the end?

Edited by richyb66