Brake line route

Random

Can anyone confirm the best route for the rear brake line. I have mine coming from the rear following the frame in the tunnel, but am not sure where to route it past the gear box in to the engine bay. Can it be clipped to the floor or tunnel side panels and still pass IVA or is there a better solution?

Clipped to the inside of the tunnel is fine. The problem area is where it needs to pass the vertical chassis tubes in the gearbox area but if you bend the pipe carefully so it follows the contour of the tubes, it is possible.

IVA only requires "adequate" clipping which is pretty meaningless but if you can get clips every 150 to 200mm it should be fine. Remember to take photos, it will be hidden from inspection at the IVA test so photos you can present on the day might be useful.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the information. In terms of photos for the IVA, as far as I can see the tunnel is the only part that has hidden stuff. Everything else looks like it will be viewable from either under the car or with the bonnet open. Is there any other specific areas you can think of that I should take care to photograph for evidence?

Make sure you get photos of the part where the brake pipes leave the tunnel and goes to the master cylinder.  It sounds like the same area already mentioned near the gearbox, if not clipped properly then the brake pipes can rub.  My inspector wanted to see just inside the tunnel in the most awkward part - luckily I had photos which he was fine with. Had I not got photos it would have been a nightmare.   

Take loads of high quality pics and you can then zoom in to wherever needed on the day.

• Thanks 1