The fun starts here - anyone know this car?

Chris Scott

• 1 month later...

Time for another update - although not quite as positive as I hoped.

Fired up again yesterday and now running nicely on 4 cylinders. However there are some problems!

Couple of fairly significant oil leaks, hoping it’s just from the old rocker cover gasket (new one to be fitted when I paint the cover). A coolant leak which is hopefully the lower hose. An alternator that’s not charging - probably needs new as it was damp stored for years before I got it so could well be past saving. Coolant switch didn’t seem to work - need to remove it and test it with some boiling water as it’s brand new.

Finally the rev counter didn’t work (assuming it’s wired correctly) is there a way to test whether it’s the rev counter that’s at fault? 

• 2 weeks later...

Started on the button yesterday, but still on three cylinders 🙄

Rev counter now works (bad earth), but alternator still doesn’t appear to be working!!! (Charge light doesn’t go out)

A bit of investigation has answered the 3 cylinder mystery…a bit wet! 

880DFBBB-B166-4FC4-A90E-D7EA83D65513.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So…it’s been a long cold inactive winter.

With a heavy(ish) heart I’ve sold the car/project. 

I’ve enjoyed it immensely but sadly a new job, new house and new baby have meant that it’s just not going to get the attention it deserves. I need the space and time! 

The good news is it’s been sold to a classic car enthusiast who plans to restore it fully and take it to Le Mans, which is great because it had been before! I am confident he’ll carry on my work and get it finished.

I just want to finish by saying a massive thank you to this community, I have never ever met a group so helpful!

Thanks for everything, all the best.

Chris