Best kit cars and ones to avoid?

Guest Ianali

55 minutes ago, Ianali said:

Thanks all. Couple more questions. Q plate cars, does the plate effect values? Toy box cars Ltd, decent dealer? Westfield cars? Better than hoods, or does it really depend on build quality? Last one, if i mention/link a car on eBay etc for sale on here will I get advice on it? 

Q plate : I'd say yes. It *shouldn't* and people like to make out it doesn't, but I think realistically, it does, there's a bit of Q-plate snobbery that we don't like to talk about :). Up to you really, these cars aren't typically investments so do you really care? Ignore what other people think.

I've seen good and poor examples of Westfields just as much as Robin Hoods but, on the basis there are more Westfields out there, and I suspect a lot of them were factory built, you *tend* to see more good examples of Westfields. I'm generalising, but I feel that's probably fair to say, particularly with the older models.

Yeah we'll all chip in and critique your choice on eBay, I'm sure ;) I'll get the popcorn, wait one... :D

Edited by brumster

So it seems I need to work on my tech skills. Providing links on here confuses me, most things so mind. For anyone here that’s bored, I have an interest on a couple of current eBay cars. One being a green Westfield. Pic of it in a field is lovely. The other is a supercharged RHood, red and sounds great. Looks a good build but I know little.

The Westfield does look nice and has a newer Zetec as opposed to the older pinto in the super charged Hood but the hood has more "oomph" I would say.

Maybe the Hood belongs to someone on here or someone know who it belongs to.

Westy link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114471360287

Hood link 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233745936307

3 hours ago, geordie40 said:

The Westfield does look nice and has a newer Zetec as opposed to the older pinto in the super charged Hood but the hood has more "oomph" I would say.

Maybe the Hood belongs to someone on here or someone know who it belongs to.

Westy link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114471360287

Hood link 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233745936307

Thanks for adding the links. Older pinto engine, and supercharged. Troubles ahead? Sounds amazing... 

Just my humble opinion but would the supercharged one come under your scary quick reference in your opening intro? It would definitely be fun but I can imagine it being a bit wearing on a road trip and possibly tricky in the wet? Maybe I'm sounding old😂

1 hour ago, dandan62 said:

Just my humble opinion but would the supercharged one come under your scary quick reference in your opening intro? It would definitely be fun but I can imagine it being a bit wearing on a road trip and possibly tricky in the wet? Maybe I'm sounding old😂

Lol probably not as old as me. I did wonder about longer trips with it. Anyway. I went too look at a Westfield mid week. I like them. I’ve a bid on one on eBay that ends in a few days. 

5 minutes ago, keith kelly said:

great stuff, plenty of people not to far from you. get yourself to either the West Mids meet or Leicester meet or both (Once we are allowed - Stupid COVID) 

Hi. Yes I intend to do a few meets. Be good to pick peoples brains. Always been a biker(still am) so these cars are all new to me.