Radiator recommentations

Random

Hello, I am building a 2b with a 2 litre pinto engine. Struggling to find a radiator that fits. Please can anyone provide links to recommendations? I have seen people mention VW polo and civic radiators, any specific details on model and where to get them? 

http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/size-radiator-need-car/

HI

In the same position as yourself building a 2B.  It seems many use the rad from a 1litre Polo and going by the calculations on the above link its about right.  It helps to install at an angle / reclined to improve airflow contact with the cooling fins and if you can fit shrouds to channel air flow through the rad rather than letting air bypass it that will help too.  A big heater for the cockpit doesn't go wrong either.

Kevin

I have picked up the VW polo radiator. It doesn't have a cap. Any recommendations on a header tank to use and how it's plumbed in? I assume the plastic tanks with a screw on cap still have a pressure relief valve in the cap?

• 1 month later...