Exmo Bonnet

Burney

Can you not panel beat it out and and get it straight enough to cover with wrap. I know others have got in touch with GBS about getting a new bonnet made but I don't know how successful they have been.

i

i

Sorry I can't help, I have one but it's on my car. I am lazy however, and it looks like you are motivated to look for a replacement. I would like to try splitting the one I have and using a piano hinge, but I am too chicken to just go ahead in case I end up with a useless bonnet. So I am very interested in how you get on with your search. Please update this thread to let us know how you are getting on. I wonder if it would be easier to get one in aluminium, would that look too odd ?

I guess you have looked at this on eBay ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robin-Hood-Kit-Car-Bonnet-stainless-steel-Super-Spec-Ref-267-/352652923096

It's SS and not cheap .... might fit ?

20 hours ago, Sparepart said:

I guess you have looked at this on eBay ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robin-Hood-Kit-Car-Bonnet-stainless-steel-Super-Spec-Ref-267-/352652923096

It's SS and not cheap .... might fit ?

I think you will find the Super Spec is bigger so the bonnet probably wont fit

On 11/4/2020 at 10:10 AM, geordie40 said:

I think you will find the Super Spec is bigger so the bonnet probably wont fit

Yes I can imagine it will be a different size. I might be a little ignorant but they just look like a rolled sheet with bent edges so hopefully not to complicated

19 hours ago, Burney said:

Yes I can imagine it will be a different size. I might be a little ignorant but they just look like a rolled sheet with bent edges so hopefully not to complicated

Yeah I think they are just rolled stainless with louvres in

Checked out the postage at Hermes at parcels for go.  They said thirty pounds to deliver.  If you want to get quotes off different companies please do so.  It is seven kg, and is one metre square and twenty centimetres in depth.

Just checked the condition, as I said it had been standing for years, there is slight pitting, and the surface is lightly scratched in places, there is also i dink at the edge.  I think it will be difficult to polish these out completely.  If you are planning to paint or wrap the bonnet there will be no problem.  Let me know your thoughts.