IVA amateur build status

Guest Guy Rackham

Guest Guy Rackham

Morning,

I have applied for an Test but have a problem because the kit was purchased in 1994 by an individual who passed away without finishing the job.  I have no photos of the part build that he did. Being naive, I sent the copy of the kit purchase invoice to DVLA.  They are asking me to prove his status as an amateur builder.

Anyone made the same mistake? The kit was from Robin Hood.

Edited by richyb66
Title made more relevant

Form IVA 4

INDIVIDUAL VEHICLE APPROVAL – AMATEUR BUILT DECLARATION

Fill in this form

Question 3 tick

Question 4 tick

You could state that the first owner has passed away at question 4

Section 2

In the case of items 1-4, please indicate which of the major components below have been fitted to the chassis/body by you or individuals acting on your behalf who are not in the business of building vehicles.

Put a tick against questions 1 - 6

Fill in all the other revelant details requested.

You may be bending the truth a little.

You could also add a few pictures with engine fitted and the wheels removed Ect.  

• richyb66 changed the title to IVA amateur build status

If that doesn't help, call them, ask for the K&S (kits and specials?) department, explain the situation and ask them what they need.

They are very friendly and are only ticking boxes on a screen, so they can tell you what they need to enable that box to be ticked.

Just take into account, despite working in that department, they have NO idea what kits are and what and how they are made, so don't use any technical language 🙂

On 11/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, Guy Rackham said:

Morning,

I have applied for an Test but have a problem because the kit was purchased in 1994 by an individual who passed away without finishing the job.  I have no photos of the part build that he did. Being naive, I sent the copy of the kit purchase invoice to DVLA.  They are asking me to prove his status as an amateur builder.

Anyone made the same mistake? The kit was from Robin Hood.

Morning

Did you get anywhere with resolving this issue. I am in a similar situation where the builder sold me the car with no build photos or receipts for any purchases he made to fit to the car. Many thanks