Can you purchase body panels?

apgodden

8 minutes ago, nelmo said:

Does the 2B have a metal (ali or S/S) body? If so, GBS may still sell it but it does come flat and needs to be bent, which is the hard bit.

This is my blog when I did mine on my Zero:

https://zerolifebuild.blogspot.com/2015/11/rear-of-year.html

Mine looks like mild steel!

😀 yeah, I wasn't too sure from your pic if it was metal or GRP...

GBS probably still have the patterns for the 2B (they bough Robin Hood back in 2006 or so) but whether they can make it still, I don't know.

Even if they can't, you can probably buy the current version for the Zero and just trim it to fit (if nothing comes up on eBay)?

I bought a stainless 2b rear panel from GBS maybe 6 years ago. They cut it from a pattern I believe, and they even gave me a chioce of where I wanted the fuel filler hole. WhichI didnt as I wanted it on the top of the car.

Andi

For future information I have put the codes and costs in this thread.

Just spoken to Steve at Kit Spares "Always very helpful" They do the rear panel and arch panel for stainless PAN0153 £ 120 + Vat  PAN 0155 £90 + Vat.  In Ali Pan0152 £100 + Vat PAN0154 £60 + Vat.

My dilemma is do I replace side and rear panel with Stainless steel this is going to cost a whopping £588 and a 6 hour drive to pick the panels up?  

This would save on body work and spraying but did think the car would look good all in orange. 

What would you members do? 

KITSPARES-GBS SOP Tony Godden Quotation 6904[16749].pdf KITSPARES-GBS SOP Tony Godden Quotation 6905[16750].pdf

2 minutes ago, max said:

or have them wrapped 

17 hours ago, Bob Tucker said:

If you need one rear panel and 2 side panels isnt that £360 inc. vat?

(120+90+90) + 20%vat  (£60)

I am going to replace the side panels whilst I am at it.

I have ordered new Ali panels going to replace the side ones whilst I am at it.  Steve very helpful and is going to get these ready for Wednesday.

The rear panel is going to be flat and will need to be formed to shape around my car, any help and tips for this.

Also is there a video for fitting the side panels.

Many thanks

Tony