Body panels from Kit Spares

apgodden

I had a 7 hour drive yesterday to pick up the new panels.  Oh yes a new exhaust fell into my shopping basket!!!!!!!

Steve and Richard were so helpful full of good advice.  Very pleased with the panels and no work today and suns out so going to get started.

have been working on the engine too.  Got the correct rings from the machine shop and the new inlet manifold was is being posted today after a 3 month wait.

E21937EF-1650-4027-BA91-70EA08C2536E.jpeg

0E199C27-5C08-457A-AF93-9F50689898C2.jpeg

28E959F1-BC93-471B-9E18-0C085E1DD68A.jpeg

Thats good news.

Just one word of advice/warning. The stainless side panels can easily buckle if they are not fitted correctly.

The key seems to be to space out the panel from the side chassis rail top and bottom immediately in front of the the seat area, so it is dead straight, not at all curved. Research it more on the website, my memory wont stretch back 20 years, but i do remember having to buy 2 replacement side panels!!!

To ad to Bob's post above --- our 2B side panels were several mm wider/taller than the distance between top/bottom chassis rails, we curved ours ( very carefully ) by making & fitting a curved  spine between top/bottom rails. (This reduced the total fitting height to match the chassis & also took out the possibility of flim/flam of the panel. ) 

Most care needs to be taken when bringing the panel around to fit on the chassis rails in the cock-pit area, & as Bob said this is the worst part --- lots & lots of clamps required & slowly slowly does it.

That is a very good article and very helpful.  Could have done with this 4 hours ago.  Not sure I have done it correctly..... 

with the new fibreglass arches from kit spares I can not make and cuts or adjustments as this will be seen.

I have fitted the passenger side panel and it looks ok to me......

DBDF650E-51B3-4684-873D-61E6B7CBB399.jpeg

2423A971-4CE4-44FF-B1DE-6D4C4A177A17.jpeg

57684A9E-7661-43EE-9E67-1D6C9228F699.jpeg

F854BF40-D210-4C43-BFCD-C34C0E4461A8.jpeg

I’d say that looks great! Don’t forget to order some arch trim similar to P trim and it nips between the rear arch and body work it just hides the little bits where it doesn’t quite sit flush and in my opinion really finishes it off! 

You may well of seen my orange 2B whilst at gbs as it’s getting some accident repair work carried out.