Door frame for Exmo

NickandNeil

Have just IVA,d our Exmo.  we have come to fit the wet weather doors we purched awhile back.  You can see from the to two photos we have a problem with the angle where the door attaches to the frame.  The wet weather gear was supposed to be off an Exmo, and he had an Exmo rolling chassis in his garage when we bought them.  We also bought the new windsceen supports on line for a Robin hood, so we have gone wrong somwhere.

Either the doors or the frame is wrong.  if we tilt the frame to match the doors, the base of the frame is not parralel to the base of the car.

Any advice would be welcome.

kit car door frame.jpg

kit car door.jpeg

9 hours ago, IanS said:

That looks like a door for a series 3.

I have a batch2 exmo and will post a pic tomorrow.

I will also measure the windscreen angle.

The batch 1 and 2 exmo doors folded allong a line just under the "glass" for storage.

That would be great, thank you.

9 hours ago, nicko said:

Is the door on the wrong side? Looks to me like your holding the left door to right side of the car. 

I may be wrong, but worth a try. 

Nick

your missing the point Nick, the angle is the same either side.  Did they have different angles of rake on the different models?

1 hour ago, NickandNeil said:

your missing the point Nick, the angle is the same either side.  Did they have different angles of rake on the different models?

Are you sure, it doesn't look it from those pictures? You're talking about the angle on the door, not the windscreen support, yeah? 

Looks like it's just the wrong way round... are the hinges already fitted? 

The doors on the Exmo, 2B. and 3A are call the same, I know as I tried them all when I had my Exmo even the hood fitted the same.

And you are fitting them on the wrong side of the car.

Edited by alantoon

think it's a bit misleading when people say you have door on the wrong side.  What they mean is that it is back to front, i.e. the 70 deg slope end goes to the front and you have it at the back. 

Edited by alanrichey

Thank you everyone.  I see now I had the door the wrong ay round, but as you see by the next picture the angle still is not right.

Looking at the latest comments it seems the angle sould be 65 - 70 degrees. Anyone know were I can get windscreen brakets the correct angle for an Exmo?

kit car door pic 2.jpg