Door frame for Exmo

NickandNeil

The windscreen brackets are often fitted at a variety of rakeback angles. They were left to the builder to decide. Is the bottom of the bracket parallel to the bottom of the bonnet? You may need to re-fit the windscreen pillars. And then fit the hinges so the bottom of the door covers the side, and clears the rear wing.

Like all Hoods its make it up as you go, and find a way to make it fit. Sorry I cant supply pics, my  bonnet & windscreen are under a tarp in the garden, and the doors are in the loft waiting for me to get off my a**se & finish building and fitting my refurbed redtop. 

Lockdown lethargy has set in.

Before I fitted the pillars I made an outline drawing on a piece of A3 paper. That is I plonked one on the paper and drew around it. I used the drawing to calculate the angle via triangulation. I have made a PDF of the drawing. If you have access to an A3 printer then you too can have the outline. I attach the PDF here. Ignore all the dimensions, they are for the right angle trianges I made to derive the slope. The outline is obvious, and an A3 "actual size" print will be the actual outline. Both pillars are the same. I cant see why you could not get hold of some thick sheet steel, and cut them out yourself, the ones that came with the Exmo were just thick mild steel, very roughly cut out with plasma. On the other hand, if you decide to go this way you will face the task of forming the triangular part to the scuttle contour. This is not easy. AND as you already have a screen fitted,  you have the added constraint of not wanting to move the base line of the screen. I notice that you have only two bolts between the pillar and the scuttle sides, some freedom for new holes. I guess in the end you have to weigh up the hours of work involved in fitting different pillars against your other alternatives.

Windscreen-Pillar-A3-Actual-Outline.pdf