Dashboard coming along nicely

apgodden

Why the dials on the left?

Probably the only bad advice I got from GBS was not to worry too much about those dials - most people don't use them, they said. Not only do I use them religiously, they have warned me of problems several times, so I would want them in my eye line.

• Haha 1

Used "camping mat" foam behind the vinyl face covering --- about 8/10 mm thick --- the cut-outs for the instruments was a few mm larger than the gauge body required -- when mounted gave a "frenched" look & also pleased the IVA examiner as it gave a softer finish.  (although there were no edges sharper than the 5 mm required)

2 hours ago, apgodden said:

Don’t like the Speedo and Rev counter behind the steering wheel as I can’t see them.

No, I can understand that - mine are there as well. But the smaller ones look a little weird to me over in front of the passenger. But, hey, it's different 🙂

• Haha 1

Hi my car was built by GBS and is a 2b Superspec my dials are like this  ! Hope it helps and they are all visible when you are driving there are two screws that hold the dials panel in place. 

image.thumb.png.097916901113a0c2df2fe3dd3c82fe5b.png

Edited by Steve49er
Add more WORDS