Wiring loom installation

Random

Plugged it all in and got the engine to fire. The pin numbers didn't match on any diagram I could find. The wires are not long enough to put the ESC under the dash. It looks like it will have to be mounted in the engine bay? Where does everyone one have theirs mounted? Where would it have been mounted in the original Sierra?

For the same reasons, mine is mounted in the engine bay, vertically just opposite the distributor. I have an EXMO so a photo is of little use to you. I have a snap of the donor engine bay (below), you can see the ESC2 mounted on the inner wing, bottom right.

AA-ESC2-POSN.jpg.f8edc30b046029e4f5a6c417a78c8231.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Do you mean the Ice Warning Sender?   If so then I dont have it connected. In fact I have removed all the wiring that is related solely to the Graphic Display and Trip Computer. On my loom there are two temperature sensors, one is bolted into the engine block for the temperature gauge on the instrument cluster, the other is on the inlet manifold and is for the temp inputs to the ECU.

The one screwed into the engine block for the water temperature gauge works fine. It is the flat mount temperature sensor for the ESC that I can not find where it bolts too. It can only be about 6 inches from the original ESC location as that is the length of the wires. It is a black plastic square block with two wires and one bolt hole.