carbs ?

max

my 2L pinto is on 32/36 std carb which i don't think is doing the engine justice performance wise what would you think my best option is fitting bike carbs, if so which ones, or is there a better carb i can fit on my std inlet manifold, twin 45s are out of my price range unless i can find some cheap , not going to do track days would just like better acceleration 

Edited by max

Bike carbs are the way forward. Kawasaki ZX6 (may be the cheapest), Kawasazki ZX9, Yamaha R1 (can be pricey). But there are many others that will work too. Youll be best off with a simple cheap bike carb fuel pump (most will do). There are weird and wonderful ways of tapping into the carb runners and making plenums so that your brake servo works but TBH a 2B doesnt need one. Just a heavier foot.

You will need the manifolds that are custom made by the likes of Dan ST and Bogg Bros but you`ll probably find a full set of them and carbs complete for sale on here or ebay.

The performance will increase dramatically.

Andi

7 hours ago, Leslie Walters said:

Max, I am looking for a 32/36 carb for my 1.6 Pinto so when you decide on the upgrade I could maybe offset the cost if the old carb is surplus to you.

ok will let you know has had a new carb kit fitted and conversion to manual choke 

How much work has been done on your engine? If you just want it to give a better initial kick then using a 38dgas will give that effect as both chokes open at once, it will fit on the same manifold you have. Ultimate power will be very little difference as the dgas has 27mm chokes and the dgav 26 and 27.

6 hours ago, Peter Bell said:

How much work has been done on your engine? If you just want it to give a better initial kick then using a 38dgas will give that effect as both chokes open at once, it will fit on the same manifold you have. Ultimate power will be very little difference as the dgas has 27mm chokes and the dgav 26 and 27.

std but lighten flywheel i dont won't to burn the rubber of the tyres just a lot better pick up 

On 11/28/2020 at 12:32 PM, Andi said:

Bike carbs are the way forward. Kawasaki ZX6 (may be the cheapest), Kawasazki ZX9, Yamaha R1 (can be pricey). But there are many others that will work too. Youll be best off with a simple cheap bike carb fuel pump (most will do). There are weird and wonderful ways of tapping into the carb runners and making plenums so that your brake servo works but TBH a 2B doesnt need one. Just a heavier foot.

You will need the manifolds that are custom made by the likes of Dan ST and Bogg Bros but you`ll probably find a full set of them and carbs complete for sale on here or ebay.

The performance will increase dramatically.

Andi

is there any makes not to buy ? or are the 3 that you mention the only ones to buy ?

15 minutes ago, Andi said:

I can only vouch for those and also Honda fireblade ones but I`m sure there are lots more that are compatible..

Which ones do you have in mind?

still looking at the moment just would like to keep options open