Facet posi flow fitting

baj25

I am looking to fit a facet posiflow (60104), spec says they will lift 12" to self prime and l know they push rather than pull so need to be near the tank. I was thinking to fit it near the diff, the 2B tank is 10" tall plus a bit for pipe exiting so lift should be in spec. Anyone else fitted these in that location, did it work ok? Will they work with filter king reg downstream? Engine is 2l pinto on dgav, 118 at wheels on RR. TIA, Bri

I fitted a Facet 60104 to my Series 3 last year. The pump had to go in the boot and it primes OK, the Series 3 tank is 8 inches deep. The fuel pump relay and inertia switch also went in the boot. I also use a Webber 32/36 DGV carb on a 2l Pinto but did not bother with a fuel pressure regulator as the pump is only 1.5 to 4 PSI. I did manage to find an inertia switch that had normally open and normally closed connections, the normally closed feeds the fuel pump and the normally open feeds a 12v buzzer so that if the inertia switch ever activates the buzzer will sound. The pump has now worked perfectly for 2 years, the engine always starts on the first turn over and the inertia switch has never activated.

Nigel.

P1070125.thumb.JPG.9dd0f4fbe69445d33698fe2b51e50e52.JPG

P1060963_cr.thumb.jpg.9b1aac2d7aa7abcf05df64555f307f83.jpg