Is anyone good with car electrics....

apgodden

My car was all working ok before I touched it......

Started to put the wiring back which I did label every wire.

when I put on my side lights the passenger main beam comes on.  When I move it to the second position to dip the main beam on the passenger side goes out.

if the indicators are on for the drivers side and it on side lights it stops the indicators?

The main beam warning light when I connect this the main beam dims a little.

I have been on this all day yesterday and today and I am out of ideas.

please help!

1 hour ago, apgodden said:

My car was all working ok before I touched it......

Started to put the wiring back which I did label every wire.

when I put on my side lights the passenger main beam comes on.  When I move it to the second position to dip the main beam on the passenger side goes out.

if the indicators are on for the drivers side and it on side lights it stops the indicators?

The main beam warning light when I connect this the main beam dims a little.

I have been on this all day yesterday and today and I am out of ideas.

please help!

I have got a little way with this.  I think it is the LED lights that I have fitted..... I installed the original bulb and it dose not light up on side lights?  I still have problems with the indicators.

Has anybody else fitted LED lights and had problems?

what switches have you got fitted tony because there are different ones from sierras, one is -ve earth on certain pins and different on others I have some good diagrams for ford stalks if you need them, also LED bulb in ign light savage switch was not enough to excite alternator, I had to put lamp under bonnet between  alternator and lamp

• Thanks 1

Ok LED lights can be a nightmare.  Because they work on such little currents the slight currant back feed through the switch can make them work where a normal bulb will pass the current but not shine.  
as a temp measure put standard bulbs back in while you check your wiring  once your happy everything is working swop one bulb at a time.  You might need resistors in the indicators or the headlights might need a relay so they only get currant from one feed.   
I have had friends fit LED headlights etc and seen exactly this problem on OEM cars. 
all manner of strange things started to happen 

• Thanks 1