Brake master cylinder.

Guest Rumblerib

Guest Rumblerib

Hi Everyone.

I have a Series 3A Hood that i have had on the road since 1999. I now need a new master cylinder. It came with the kit and is Ford made. I cant get one as i dont know what Ford it was origonally for. A number is stamped on the end of barrel. A0505A. Tried my local dealer to no avail. Can anyone help me get back on the road! 

I live on the IOW so not much choice here. It is servo assisted by the way.

Thanks to all. Graham.

Start by having a look here which lists 2.0 Sierra parts and see if anything is similar. Also try 1.6 Sierra.

A picture would help to get an exact match.

https://brakeparts.co.uk/shop/Ford/Sierra/82-89/Sierra 2.0 OHC Models/Hydraulic Actuation - Master Cylinders and Reg Valves

Guest Rumblerib

Hi. Thanks for that. 

Had a look but to no avail. Very close but not quite right. Ill go to a main dealer on the Island when im allowed in. Thanks again. Graham.

Can always go another route & change to non servo by fitting a smaller bore master cylinder -- we have standard Sierra brakes all round operated by a Ford Ka master cylinder -- works great even my wife has no trouble stopping our toy.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:45 AM, Rumblerib said:

Hi Everyone.

I have a Series 3A Hood that i have had on the road since 1999. I now need a new master cylinder. It came with the kit and is Ford made. I cant get one as i dont know what Ford it was origonally for. A number is stamped on the end of barrel. A0505A. Tried my local dealer to no avail. Can anyone help me get back on the road! 

I live on the IOW so not much choice here. It is servo assisted by the way.

Thanks to all. Graham.

I have just removed mine, see pic below. Is this what you need? I also have the diaphragm if you need one. The brake pipe that is still attached has a rusty union and ground off, but won't take much work to get that out. 

Master cyl (2).jpg

Guest Rumblerib

Sorry for the slow reply. My cylinder is different with the res holes right next to each other. Thanks for the photo. I may go get a Ka cylinder as suggested.

Thanks for your help.

Graham.

Guest Rumblerib
On 1/20/2021 at 11:08 AM, fry61 said:

Can always go another route & change to non servo by fitting a smaller bore master cylinder -- we have standard Sierra brakes all round operated by a Ford Ka master cylinder -- works great even my wife has no trouble stopping our toy.

Thanks for the info. May well go down that road.   Graham.