Can anyone Help identify what series my Chassis is

Guest Sno1309

Guest Sno1309

Hiya all new to hear and to RobinHoods, just wondering if any of you are able to identify the chassis model for a kit I’ve just brought so I can make sure I’m getting correct parts ect. Any help would be appreciated 

4AF1C0BB-F346-4081-AEDB-A09C80AF9AFD.jpeg

0D5A7215-4F3A-42B0-B742-90FB85C8E48C.jpeg

Guest Sno1309
2 minutes ago, dandan62 said:

https://nw.rhocar.org/identification.htm

Have a look at this useful link. I can't quite identify from your pics.

Thank you I’ve looked at that post must be 100 times now 😂 I think I’ve figured out it’s a MK1 with a newer front end bolted and welded on but not to sure the rear has a single axle with separate shocks and springs from what I believe is a Capri or cortina at a bit of a loss thanks for the reply tho 

Guest Sno1309
3 hours ago, Peter Bell said:

Might well be a Cortina based one, assuming you have a Ford rear axle, some were made with wishbones instead of using the Cortina Subframe. If it’s a triumph axle it’s a Dolomite with a different front end. They liked to mix them up in the early days.

Thank you for your reply, it’s definitely cortina rear axle as I’ve figured that out from part numbers and chassis mounting places, the bit that thru me is the front end. But what I think has happened is that someone has put a modified or newer front end on if from possibly a MK 2 not sure what you think ? Thanks 

Guest Sno1309
4 hours ago, theduck said:

The front end was an optional extra from Robin Hood.  Not sure if he still comes on the forum but I am pretty it was @Vaughan that had the same setup and it was on mentioned on the  Robin Hood invoice

I think your spot on there tbh, any ideas what make the ball joints where as can’t find any record of what springs, shocks or joints they where also is there any strengthening I need to make to this frame before I start building it back up ? 

Guest Sno1309
2 hours ago, Peter Bell said:

There was one locally that came with oval tubing wishbones, initially there was a problem though where the top ball joint locked up stopping any droop on the suspension.

Mine is currently doing this but think the bushes and washes need replacing just have no way of finding where to get replacements any ideas? Thanks