Help with pricing...??

Guest Glover_7

Guest Glover_7

Hello all,

I have a part built kit car (Robin Hood Lightweight) and I’m not too hot on what it’s all worth now-a-days... so I’m wondering if you lot could help me with pricing up what I have? I suppose two prices would be of interest to me: a price per part and a price for the whole lot... I don’t need retail prices I could do with what I would expect to get for them.

WeTransfer link to the images below:

https://we.tl/t-0YJZvdt7zo

Thanks in advance for any help! 
Harry

Personally, I doubt that will be something many people would want to take on.  The lightweight needs not insignificant modification to make it pass an IVA, the end result is not very light weight, and ultimately a car that was designed to last one or two race seasons rather than be a road car. I would suggest listing it on ebay and seeing what bids you get.

I'd agree, I'd probably see more value in selling all the bits and plan on the fact you'll just throw away the body/chassis. The wings for example might be of value to someone building a kit/locost, and then things like the steering rack, radiator, lights, etc probably all have more value individually than you'll get as a job lot. You might be lucky and find that one person out there itching to build a lightweight but I think, if we're being openly honest about it, they are few and far between ;)

Guest Glover_7

Thanks for the comments guys; I guessed the lightweight would be a hard thing to shift after seeing the issues with it over the last however many years.... 

If we’re looking at the parts individually then, any ideas on prices? I just don’t want to put the nose and wings on for £20 and they are worth £100 or vice versa.... 

Edited by Glover_7

Hi Harry sorry to state this but as a Community user Under the rules you are not allowed to sell items.

So unless you become a paid up member why ask members what ideas on prices?

You just don’t want to put the nose and wings on for £20 and they are worth £100 or vice versa....

I understand that you are not selling at this moment but it appears a way around the fact in asking for prices.

Guest Glover_7
2 hours ago, maca said:

Hi Harry sorry to state this but as a Community user Under the rules you are not allowed to sell items.

So unless you become a paid up member why ask members what ideas on prices?

You just don’t want to put the nose and wings on for £20 and they are worth £100 or vice versa....

I understand that you are not selling at this moment but it appears a way around the fact in asking for prices.

Hello, 

I was talking to nelmo in private messages about this, I really do just want to know some prices... as I have no idea on what the value of what I have is.... I’m not trying to get around things as I totally respect your rules but I do t really know where else to go for advice? 

can I rephrase my question to: is anyone willing to help me price things up? We can chat away from the forum on this topic then.... 

Hi Harry, as I said, best thing to do is to look on eBay/FB and see what similar items are being priced at and base it on that.

Even better, just put them on eBay as an auction - they'll naturally hit whatever someone is prepared to pay which is, ultimately, what they are worth.

Guest Glover_7
9 minutes ago, nelmo said:

Hi Harry, as I said, best thing to do is to look on eBay/FB and see what similar items are being priced at and base it on that.

Even better, just put them on eBay as an auction - they'll naturally hit whatever someone is prepared to pay which is, ultimately, what they are worth.

I did have a look but with no luck on the car it’s self. 

I'm getting the feeling like scrapping it for metal might be the best option? 

I scrapped an entire Exmo chassis and rear suspension from a Sierra and got about £50 for it. So you'll almost certainly get more for the parts. Then just weigh in the body.

You just need to spend a bit of time on eBay and Car Builder Solutions looking at what prices things go for, for the things you've got. Radiator, steering rack, etc.

Or else if you're just contemplating weighing it all in, just stick each of the items on eBay at 99p start or somesuch and see how it goes.

Also consider listing it on locostbuilders.co.uk forum, donor parts tend to go pretty quickly on that (I've used it in the past)...

@brumster Advice is good, if you have no emotional attachment to the kit, then take good images of all the individual items & list them on Fleecebay, they will sell for what the market thinks they are worth. Personally I'd list the chassis just on the off chance somebody needs a spare, it's worth about £20-25 weighed in along with the hassle of getting it there, so maybe that's a good starting price. On the other bits, don't underestimate the cost of delivery, I often do this & would by the time Fleecebay & PayPoo have taken their share I'd have been better off financially putting things in the bin, but I'd rather they be used.

• Like 1