Floor Pan and seat mounting

Jthorneuk

Lift the panel up if you can otherwise your fixing method will show on the outside of the car. If your screws/rivets are at the top of the tube your boot covering will mask it.

Ive shrunk my pics as far as possible but it wont let me post them. Sorry.

• 1 year later...

Hi Bob good to hear from you after so many years.

I have been working on this panel this afternoon and got it formed up and held roughly in place with clamps. so still work to do next is to tackle the inner back panel I think i will split it in two and put a joiner piece in the centre. probably an easier way to go.

Steve D

Inner back panel  --- cut vertically down centre line & then slide/ fit each side without paying any attention to other side.  When happy with result there should be enough over lap to join both sides.  I bent riveted the top to the seat belt bar/tube.  For the bottom I made & welded an inside/out triangle (  120 degrees or there-abouts )

Rivet panel to this near up-right web & forward web will carry the back end of floor, which again I cut in two & bent to give the upright of the tunnel. ( allows full access to prop.

HTH  we are down in sunny Cornwall now so not much chance of up country visits.