Front Suspension Upgrade

Neilzy

Sorry to say but it looks like you have not got a 2B.

My car is a 2B with modified sliding pillar.

https://nw.rhocar.org/identification.htm

Cortina subframe S7

(Monocoque tub with ugly Cortina front suspension actually works quite well. The rear suspension can "knock" with the diff rotating slightly under load, and requires a  torsion bar fitting to stop this. Again the cockpit is narrow with the usual seat problems)

20170907_164119.jpg

Edited by maca

I’m picking car up on Saturday so will have more info, I know it was commissioned in 1999 can that front end be changed. 
cockpit has enough room for me and I’m 18st lol, what are the normal seat problems, currently It has these fitted

089C624D-FEA4-4B21-AE6B-713B047F9460.jpeg

Normal seat problem is lack of room between transmission tunnel and side of car, very few seats fit.

Changing suspension is up to you to design and build as I am not aware of any upgrade kits for this.

Looks like a lovely car. Don't get too hung up on upgrades yet. Make sure you enjoy it and get to know it. There are seats out there that fit. I got lucky and found a comfy pair secondhand for £30 . No idea what make. Have fun.

Yeah I would agree I’m learning lol. 
so I’m led to believe I have an S7 and if I want to upgrade it’s a case of welding on new suspension parts which I will probably go down that route. 
just would be ideal to know what front end to use. 

Search on this site under "cortina" showed a few references to the same question about replacing the front suspension. It seems the Locust kit cars have a cortina setup which some people have replaced with tubular wishbones. Google "Locust wishbone suspension". First result gives details of the conversation. Hope that helps.