Rear wishbone fit following new powder coat

wowblaauw

All,

I hope this finds you all well.

I decided to strip my Zero down over the winter ahead of new engine, gearbox, prop, diff, new front end etc. The rear wishbones have been sand blasted and have been powder coated a nice gloss black. I have taken the powder coat away from the inside of the wishbone mount tubes tubes to allow fitting of the new bushes and crush tubes. All lathered with copper grease etc. However, I am now in a struggle to fit the wishbones back to the chassis. 

My question is this - I am struggling to get a penny washer to either side of the bush when fitting the wishbones back into the chassis mounts. I suspect I am answering my own question, but is it good practice to take the powder coat off the ends of each wishbone mount point? 

Just wanted another opinion before I bolt and torque up.

As ever, thank you very much in advance of any response/s.

Cheers

Craig

If you fit some threaded bar with 2-nuts and washers on the inside of the brackets.

You can expand the gap to allow the wishbones to fit after removing the bar and nuts ect.

Then clamp up when fitting the correct bolts. 

One IMPORTANT thing to remember with the zero suspension arms is the tubes inside the bushes MUST not be able to turn - the bush must spin on the tube NOT the tube in the brackets. So weather you fit the washers or not the bolts MUST be tight to grab and hold the tube 

Also, if you can; use a length of silver steel ( or similar straight rod ) to check that the bushes on each 'bone are in alignment.  slightly out & the wishbone bushes are fighting each other when pivoting.  Put plenty of grease in the gap between the bushes or fit grease nipples to ensure water can't get in & rust the tubes.

I thought the bushes had a spigot face -- a  larger shoulder which didn't press into the 'bone ??  Don't want to remove any of this as it prevents sideways movement.  Maybe incorrect memory on this bush shape, but steel tube must be 0.5 mm or there-abouts longer than the outside measurement of the bushes when installed & pressed fully home in the 'bone,