Pinto oil breather

LewisH

Hi all,

I plan to install an oil breather t-piece so that I can connect an oil expansion tank, but I am struggling to remove the existing unit. From what I have read it should just pull out but I am not sure as it doesn't seem to want to move.

Can anyone help with this, pic below?

Thanks, Lew

oil breather.jpg

Oil breather valve.jpg

Hi

I have one of these as well.  Having removed the PCV valve the elbow will allow you to connect to an oil catch can.  What you need is the rubber grommet that fits to the crankcase section in your picture and then the elbow is a push fit into the grommet.  No need to remove the crankcase section as it has a little baffle inside that helps prevent oil splashing up.  It is also a tapered fitting which the straight sections on the elbow will not seat into.  See if there is a grommet on your old PCV valve that you can rescue or failing that try Burton.

Of course someone with more knowledge might say I'm totally wrong but that's what I've got on my set up.

If I stand to be corrected then both of us have learned something new!!!!

Kevin

https://www.burtonpower.com/breather-elbow-sohc-pinto-681f-x-flow-pre-x-flow-20mm-fp280.html

Hi Lewis

I have literally taken mine out yesterday and replaced it with a unit purchased from Burton (see link above) I removed old breather with a pair of pump pliers, rotating it back and forth whilst lifting and it came out no trouble, cleaned hole with cloth and burton aluminium breather pressed straight in with a gentle tap home with a nylon hammer

regards

Harry