S7 Front Coilovers

TheBean

1 hour ago, TheBean said:

That may have to be an option. Will try the new springs and make a decision from there. Do you have any images of how you raised it? 

I may look at a lower profile filler cap too. As that will allow me to raise the engine a good extra inch or so. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I thought I would update the thread with my progress. I removed the coilovers and if I went any further they would have been hitting the top over bumps making the ride terrible so left them as they were. 

My next move was to remove and raise the engine mounts. I removed them, cleaned them and realised I could only gain a few mm if I just raised the engine on the 'spike' so opted to raise the entire block. I did this and now have some great clearance under the car, I would say its almost double what I had which is now plenty. I will be looking at a more 'professional' way to raise the mounts but getting a custom CNC cut mount raiser plate cut. This will ensure the loading is evenly spread to avoid any additional stress anywhere. 

Just waiting on my low profile oil filler cap to arrive and I can then get back out in her. 

Thanks to all for their input and advice. 

Edited by TheBean