S3a rear shock absorbers?

Si1911

They look like the robin hood own brand zimmerides. (did I spell that right?)

I had them but replaced with Gaz.

They were modified shocks from the original minis ( not the new bmw mini).

RH turned a thread on steel tube with a lathe fitted with a 4 jaw chuck.

The adjustable nuts are fitted the wrong way round, the thinner nut should be on top.

I replaced mine with AVO Pro Race shocks - PA160/105:

DSCF1006.JPG.031a210c5822d078081b411c0a39af3d.JPG

DSCF1013.JPG.2dc0fb9038584e196032f8fbf8107c51.JPG

16" Open - 10.5" Closed - Stem Top

1.9" Springs - 10" free length 175 lb

Note: the bottom bolt needs to be 1/2" for these shocks, the mounting holes need to be drilled out to 1/2".

They are a vast improvement over the originals supplied by Robin Hood.

It was over 10 years ago and I appear to have lost the paperwork but I know that my springs are a bit softer at 160 lb.

I also had to drill out to 1/2" this is because the smaller rubber inserts were overloaded.

26 minutes ago, IanS said:

It was over 10 years ago and I appear to have lost the paperwork but I know that my springs are a bit softer at 160 lb.

I also had to drill out to 1/2" this is because the smaller rubber inserts were overloaded.

The shocks I bought were Protech S400 SA-1.9 Single adjustable bonded bush 1.9 inch inside diam  Open length13.5 in. M27 stem top, and 25mmx1/2 bottom eye, when fitted the distance between the mounting is 13.5 inch Springs I bought elsewhere and are1.9 ID 7 inch long and150lb rate.

Thanks all I got some mini ones today and just had to cut the metal dust shrouds off to get the coils to fit. That will get me away for now for £30 and I'll look into upgrading to some of the ones you lot have mentioned in the future. Hopefully we can have some get togethers this year so I can pick peoples brains on pros and cons of different makes before I commit to some.

Thanks again