Full beam issue

LewisH

Hi all,

When I put the full beam on, only one side comes on (near side), and then a second later then other side comes on. Then when you take it off full beam, it takes out the dipped lights, being left with just the sidelights. Then if I turn off lights, I can put them back on with dipped. 

Any ideas? I've tried changing the relays. 

Not yet, I'll try this later. I'm pretty sure some of the connections are not in the right place as indicators/full beam flash don't work.

I'm trying to find a diagram that shows my particular wiring but not getting anywhere. I have noted down all of the wires and connections, does anyone have a diagram for this type of loom/switch setup?

Wiper/Lighting

- Grey: 58

- Red: 30

- Black: 56

Haz/Ind/Beam

- White: 49L

- White/Orange: 49a

- Violet (or grey)/red: 54

- White/red: 54R

- Red: H30

- Red: 49

- 12v feed: 15

- Blue/red: 56a

- Blue/white: 56D

- Black: 56

I've had a similar issue. Dropping back from full beam to dip the lights just don't always come back on. I then have to (panic) woggle the stalk slightly to get them back on. I've stripped the stalk and polished all the hinge parts and cleaned all the contacts and it's much better now.