HELP Required

Kking1988

So after a few days and endless nights I've had a neighbor round that restores cars and luckily used to own a auto electrical business and the bad news was to start again with the whole front end wrong cables in places cbs mod in a bad location and he can't figure out the extra fuse box and relay box so there out and I've started all over again with the front end but I no now I'm on the right track. Only 2 issues the VW polo heater as no cables so need to figure out the right connections on them to go to the right connections on the switch and the wiper motor which as 5 cables and I've to figure out which is which but by the looks I'm guessing it's a kit and not from a sierra so trial and error process with this. If a home as a aftermarket wiper motor kit and no the wiring is love to hear there's 6 cables. Green and red, red and green , green and brown, black and solid red. 

22 hours ago, Kking1988 said:

So after a few days and endless nights I've had a neighbor round that restores cars and luckily used to own a auto electrical business and the bad news was to start again with the whole front end wrong cables in places cbs mod in a bad location and he can't figure out the extra fuse box and relay box so there out and I've started all over again with the front end but I no now I'm on the right track. Only 2 issues the VW polo heater as no cables so need to figure out the right connections on them to go to the right connections on the switch and the wiper motor which as 5 cables and I've to figure out which is which but by the looks I'm guessing it's a kit and not from a sierra so trial and error process with this. If a home as a aftermarket wiper motor kit and no the wiring is love to hear there's 6 cables. Green and red, red and green , green and brown, black and solid red. 

I think you need to accurately identify the WW mechanism. Many builders have used the old Austin/Morris/BMC type of mechanism, where the motor drives a spiral cable inside a sheath. Two small gear boxes are attached to the cable where the spiral motion is converted to a reciprocating motion to move the wiper arms.  When this mechanism is in operation the only obvious moving parts are the wiper arm shafts coming out of the little gear boxes. This is good as it means other parts of the under scuttle clutter are not likely to get caught up in the mechanism. Even better, the little gear boxes are mounted through a hole in the scuttle that has an inbuilt water seal setup, AND the distance between them is adjustable, this is why they are so popular. You will immediatly know if this is what you have, because (I may be wrong) all other mechanisms involve a motor that drives a crank arm that in turn pushes and pulls two longish arms, each one driving the wiper arm shafts back and fore. These mechanisms have a fixed distance between the wiper arm shafts and in operation the various arms/levers are VERY visible and take up quite a lot of space, which must be kept clear of any other items under the scuttle. Also frequently they are designed to be fitted outside of the weather proof part of the car so there is a challenge to weatherproof the area where the shafts protrude through the scuttle. ..... I find myself rambling on a bit and have got off subject ... so will stop now...... you need to identify the exact wiper mechanism before you wire it up.

On 5/9/2021 at 11:10 AM, Kking1988 said:

I've just now wired in my mini wiper motor to the CBS module with a ford relay and paddles. Largely successful, except the intermittent only moves a smidge - I need to find if this is a motor contact fault. I was so glad I kept the old FB, as that had the correct relay - the CBS only has a fuse and relies on a straight switch for the wipers

looking at ford colour wires, the Bk/V going from the switch to the motor should be spliced in as the feed from channel 20 on teh CBS. 

Edited by zhap135