Yeading IVA centre

LewisH

Afternoon all,

Does anyone have any experience of Yeading IVA centre?

I had an auto electrician round last week to look at a problem with the headlights, which he sorted within minutes annoyingly, but thankfully. During his visit I mentioned that I had a test booked at Yeading and he told me that is the worse place that I could go. Apparently that is where all of the tester trainers are based and so they are VERY pernickety. 

The reason I am worried is because I have an EXMO and I have heard that some testers do not like the chassis construction and therefore refuse to pass them. 

Do you think it is worth changing location? Is there any evidence that I can use to argue chassis construction?

I've used Gillingham for my own and several other cars. They have been very thorough but understanding. They have failed some but were very clear about what they want to see to be able to pass it on the retest. They were also helpful on the phone before submitting the car.

I went to Yeading and my experience was exactly the opposite. Admittedly, it was in 2017 so maybe its changed but the guy I had had only ever done a couple of kits before, he didn't seem to do half the tests (hardly looked at my seats and belts, I don't recall him doing a noise test etc) and the guy who did the re-test couldn't have been more helpful - he adjusted my handbrake for me to avoid me having to get out the car during the brake test! 

Unless it's changed, I'd highly recommend going there... 🙂