Reverse light plug

dandan62

Hi. I noticed that the reverse light plug has come unplugged and was hanging down under the car. I can only just get at the socket from beside the gear lever. Does this plug just push in? I did the best at full finger stretch but lights aren't working. Does the plug have to go in a certain way? Thanks in advance.

It should just push back on.  Polarity dose not matter so it can go either way.  Make sure terminals and the pins in the plug are clean.

As a test put a jumper wire in across the terminals in the plug "make sure ignition is on!" and reversing lights should come on if not no point fitting it until you find the problem.

Tony

2 hours ago, dandan62 said:

Hi. I noticed that the reverse light plug has come unplugged and was hanging down under the car. I can only just get at the socket from beside the gear lever. Does this plug just push in? I did the best at full finger stretch but lights aren't working. Does the plug have to go in a certain way? Thanks in advance.

if it's on the ford gear box I think its a straight switch wth a rubber friction fit - should just pushon