2b dohc…. Engine upgrade

Hi guys looking at getting a bit more power out of my 2b….. I have a Ford dohc EFI Sierra engine now, been looking at a Fiesta ST engine, or maybe a Vauxhall Astra VXR L20LEH full engine loom turbo etc, I won’t be doing anything until the winter want to enjoy as much summer as possible first….   any advice would be great 

VXR would be good, Just wanting advice of how hard of a job it will be to complete,  I have a 5 speed type 9 box, so bell housing conversion also engine mounts…. Any ecu’s I’m really not sure of what I need to be very honest, I’m no mechanic a friend of mine is, I’d rather have as much information before I commit to it….. thanks also for the reply tractor

I fitted a C20XE, but the block is identical. I got my bellhousing from Rally Design. Make sure you get the vertical one, not 7 degrees as fitted to original car. I made my own engine mount arms, and land rover flexible mounts. My sump came from SBD, but cheaper ones are available. Look at upgrading the gearbox, the ratios aren't best suited to a 16v engine, 1st is far too low, plus the torque from the turbo engine is pushing it to its limit.

It's all worth it!

I have a C20XE in my 2B. Home made engine mounts but I cannot remember what flexibles I used. 

I have uprated the gearbox with a longer 1st which suits the engine much better, details are in the Winter 2017 mag page 12 here.....

https://www.rhocar.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=25652

Kerry's instillation is top notch. I'm sure he is using a different gearbox after breaking a couple, along with several clutches.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Derek, a clutch or 2 was consumed on the way.  I ran a type 9 initially, then fitted the Omega box. if I was starting again I would use the Vauxhall Omega gearbox and move the engine forward