Car Show Sunday 8th August 2021 - Doncaster

TheBean

Hello Guys and Gals,

I have this vision of doing a kit car weekend here at the hotel and golf club I work at. The idea would be for people bring their cars, show them and generally have a good time. We have loads of space for showing and I have an idea in my mind of using one of our entrance roads for potential timed ‘high speed’ runs, the road isn’t overly long but enough to have some fun doing timed Point to Point. The idea would also be to advertise to the public and to get a turn out of a few hundred people over the weekend. Several of our Golf Club members have supercars and similar and are showing an interest in getting behind this idea. 

Do you think this may be something our local members may be interested in attending? We are based in Owston, Doncaster, DN5 0LP. 

It would be great to hear your thoughts and if you think members might be interested. 

Edited by richyb66
Date and location added to title

I am sure we can do something on room rates for people showing cars. I want to make this happen in 2021 but may be sensible to do it in 2022. Its just a floating idea at the moment but I think it has scope to become quite a good event. Like you say, a mini Goodwood.

Good luck! The timed sprint section will be a minefield of legislation, public indemnity insurance and so forth - might be worth interacting with a local MSUK-affiliated club to run it as a formal event, which would probably make it easier than trying to arrange something yourself.

5 minutes ago, brumster said:

Good luck! The timed sprint section will be a minefield of legislation, public indemnity insurance and so forth - might be worth interacting with a local MSUK-affiliated club to run it as a formal event, which would probably make it easier than trying to arrange something yourself.

Yes we are looking into all of that side of things at current. It would really finish the event off if we could do it but as its only a 1/4 mile section we have to weigh up the input to output. 

Just by floating the idea by some of the golf club members here we have a potential lineup of 10 supercars inc Several Ferarri, Porsche, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce and more. One of the members 'MAY' be interested in bringing his F40 down for show but is less inclined to bring his La Ferarri and who can blame him, its worth well into 6 figures!

High 6 figure motors will always be over-shadowed by unique hand built creations, been on a ferry to France with a deck full of McLaren & the crowd was with Florin; including the very dishy passenger from said yellow super car.   Just saying!!!

14 minutes ago, sylvia.fry2 said:

High 6 figure motors will always be over-shadowed by unique hand built creations, been on a ferry to France with a deck full of McLaren & the crowd was with Florin; including the very dishy passenger from said yellow super car.   Just saying!!!

I semi agree. I do think that one offs and more unique vehicles do grab more attention but kids do love to come and see that car from the tv they hear so much about or have on their wall. This is why as much as we have super cars available from our members I also want kits and hot rods there too as I feel this will broaden the appeal. 

I have spoken to a few people and it looks like we will be going ahead in August some time. Likely a Sunday. Just one day this year with the plan to make it a 3 day event in 2022 once things settle down and we have time to build an official brand, webpage and sop forth for the event. Watch this space for the date in the coming days.

UPDATE - Event date looks like it will be Sunday 8th August. Those of you that are interested in showing off your cars, drop me a message and I can get more details over to you as they come in! Everyone welcome!

Keep me posted as only At Barnsley and waiting to take the Marcos Mantula Spyder to its first show in 2 years ;), This will be too good too miss.

Edited by Tazzzzman1

• richyb66 changed the title to Car Show Sunday 8th August 2021 - Doncaster