Stoneleigh - National Kit Car Show 28/29th August 2021

Danielle

7 hours ago, blue said:

I know it’s been a strange year and a half but to host it on the same weekend as a lot of other big family oriented shows I fear it’s gonna be a ghost town at stoneleigh  

There are going to be clashes in any year, never mind this year when everything is squashed up into a shorter season. Personally, I'm glad they're trying and I'm going to try my best to go just because there is so little else on for us car people (especially with Newark cancelled AGAIN - can't they make up their minds? 🙂 ).

I suppose there are a very limited number of Bank Holiday weekends they can use.  It clashes with the Stamford Car Show as well.   I will try and do Stoneleigh on the Saturday and Stamford on the Sunday 😀

Your 100% right there is always going to be clashes but it does not have to be at the bank holiday weekend it can be held ANY weekend the point I was making is LOTS of people / companies will have made other plans there is STAMFORD - oulton park - Chris evans car fest etc ALL on the same weekend and not to start a bebate about it but stoneleigh is a crap show anyway every year it dies a little more -there’s no feel to it there’s no buzz. The kit car companies staff stand there looking bored - CBS now don’t bother even having a stand just dad standing there taking a few orders and handing out magazines and every year there stand gets smaller -  look at the year before last , half the hall closed off with a fence to try make it look more full then it is. The other main hall had to have cars inside , charity stands etc and coffee stands to try fill the space  ABS TOOLS took up 9 rows of floor space if he decides to go to another show and reduce his presence everything will fit in hall one ! why not have come back with a bang ANY weekend not competing with some long established VERY good shows 

Stoneleigh may be quieter than it has been but if you want a KIT car show (not lots of other random cars), then it's the only big one around. Personally, I would prefer it to the alternatives on that date.

Edited by nelmo

• richyb66 changed the title to Stoneleigh - National Kit Car Show 28/29th August 2021
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I have been there a few times I am having trouble matching the site map to my memories of the layout.  Has it changed completely because of HS2 ?   And there is no sign of a kit car entrance, which we always had in the past.  And I don't remember a band stand.

So very confused 😀

OK, ignore previous post.   I just did a side-by-side comparison of the site map and the (old) Google Earth shot.    They have certainly lost a lot of room with HS2, it's going to be quite cosy if a lot of people turn up.   In previous years I have never strayed up to the band stand area so that will be new.

I see the kit car entrance is labelled 'Main Gate' (as against 'Main Public Gate').   But in previous years the road has been closed in front of Exhibition Hall so getting to the Band Stand area could be a bit of a challenge.  Looks like take second right just before the Westfield drift then first left and then right at the T-junction.  I think I will follow someone else 😀

Image4.jpg