Webber Setup - Coughing when cruising

TheBean

Hey guys,

One little thing I want to iron out with my car, everything else seems good. When driving along, if I am cruising with my foot barely on the throttle she coughs through the carbs, I assume this is something to do with the switch from idle to main jets? Difference to big or something like this? Runs well at idle and runs well when accelerating/ keeping some power on for hills, just happens when floating on the peddle, say cruising through town at 30mph or similar.... Any advice is much appreciated. 

Hi,

I'm running twin 45's. Can you give me you specs, jet size and engine type. Idle circuit is used throughout the range in these carbs. Do you know what progression holes are in the carb because this can make a huge difference?

Coughing back through the carbs is a sign there running lean - does it cough when always cruising  as in if at 1800 rpm or 4000rpm on light throttle  or If it’s just at the 15-1800 rpm range then it’s the transition phase.  The zetec was a nightmare for this ( don’t know what engine you have ) and Weber drilled 3 progressive holes to try help the process but it never 100% fixed the problem the only way to 100% eliminate it is to go full management but in the mean time you might need to adjust your driving style