fuel lines and wiring

simon2b

Hello

Is there anything wrong with putting fuel lines by part of the loom. I have routed the fuel pipes and brake pipe down one side of the tunnel. my plan is to put the loom on the other side, but  on both exits at some point the loom will be passing by the fuel lines. Will this be a problem with the IVA as i can't see a way round it as part of the loom needs to go round the other way of engine bay and the same at rear due to tank wiring.

Sie

Edited by simon2b

The way I look at it is that electrics and fuel come together naturally at the fuel tank in the fuel level sender and fuel outlet (and return if fitted) as well as the intank electric fuel pump on most modern cars.

Also they come together at the injectors on fuel injected engines.

So I cannot see why they cannot cross at other locations provided that they are properly supported.

Yeah, not a problem - I have my loom running and P-clipped with the fuel lines all along the tunnel. My IVA guy never asked to look in the tunnel - he was pretty relaxed but I'd be surprised if they ever ask to see in there.

that makes sense Ian and thanks nelmo, that as put my mind at rest. The IVA is literally fozzing me out. I don't know if i am reading the right things but alot of the info i see by others, I have not found myself so it worries me slightly .

I am compiling my photos together at mo to hopefully start a build diary, hopefully it will help others too.

Sie

I really think people worry too much about IVA - it's really not that bad. Allow for the fact that you will almost certainly fail 1st time (no shame in that), you'll then have a few items to fix for a re-test (which rarely takes more than 30 mins) and voila.

As I said in another thread, I had never heard of anyone who had failed more than once (until someone replied on that thread to tell me of someone 🙂 ), the IVA examiners are usually nice people who were very lenient for me and really wanted me to pass.

So don't panic... 🙂 

25 minutes ago, nelmo said:

I really think people worry too much about IVA - it's really not that bad. Allow for the fact that you will almost certainly fail 1st time (no shame in that), you'll then have a few items to fix for a re-test (which rarely takes more than 30 mins) and voila.

As I said in another thread, I had never heard of anyone who had failed more than once (until someone replied on that thread to tell me of someone 🙂 ), the IVA examiners are usually nice people who were very lenient for me and really wanted me to pass.

So don't panic... 🙂 

thanks, I will try to keep that in mind when facing my next brainstorm on what ever item I am trying to sort next lol 😭