car weight

Anthony H

I have just completed an engine swap on my sub-k and thought i would get it weighted at the local weight bridge, the car had the spare wheel on the back and half a tank of fuel with no driver and came in at 720KG. How does this compare to other robin hoods?

The new engine has made a massive improvement, going from 1.6-2.0 pinto. i managed to squeeze 151BHP out of it but fuel economy has disappeared   😁

At the time of SVA my EXMO weights were front axle = 519KG rear axle 519KG thats with spare wheel, fullish tank and myself in the car, yes, exactly the same weights front and back, thats why I remember. So total = 1038KG a bit heavy I guess, perhaps too many Pizzas before the test? 🙂

As Nelmo says, the Zeros come in at around 620kg.  A 2B derivative is a bit more lardy, around 720 - 770.

Im sorry I dont know about the Exmo, but there are public weighbridges dotted around if you really want to find out.

I corner weighted my RH Superspec (similar to a 2B) last year, mainly to sort out the handling and ride height.

I found the car weighed 814 kg including approx half a tank of fuel and the spare wheel, but without driver or anything in the boot.  I'm not saying what it weighed fully laden and with me in the driver's seat! 🙄

On 8/25/2021 at 3:02 PM, Anthony H said:

I have just completed an engine swap on my sub-k and thought i would get it weighted at the local weight bridge, the car had the spare wheel on the back and half a tank of fuel with no driver and came in at 720KG. How does this compare to other robin hoods?

GBS Zero, fully 'wet' (full tank/etc), windscreen/etc at IVA was 560Kg but that is with a Rover K-Series engine rather than the 'traditional' Zetec...