Corby Glen Sheep Fair 3rd Oct 2021

alanrichey

Once again we have been invited to display our cars at the Corby Glen (NG33 4NS) Sheep Fair (https://www.sheepfair.co.uk/)  on 3rd October.   

This is a traditional small village fete with all the usual stalls, entertainment, food and drink, dog show, craft shows, car display.....   and this is the 783rd one so they must be doing something right.

Unlike other shows the organisers are very relaxed about the car display and although the Fair is open from 10:00-16:00 they are happy for us to arrive whenever we like and leave whenever we like.  I normally park up about 09:30 and reserve some spaces (I live only 1 mile away so it isn't difficult😀).

For those regular attendees it's the same as every year, parking by the war memorial.  If anyone who hasn't been before would like to come this year just message me and I will send full details.

• 4 weeks later...

What a cracking day, blue skies all day, plenty to do and see, lots of people attending.  I guess it was a combination of the weather and the desperation to go somewhere 😀

We only managed two cars as our other 2 regulars were stuck by lack of petrol.  But Derek/Mo and I enjoyed it anyway.   Some lovely cars, although the picture of the 4 cars was taken first thing in the day before the hordes descended on us.   By lunchtime you could not move.   The poor organiser was on his first time and was hopeful he might get up to 20 cars.  Little did he know 😀   I reckon there were over 50 by early afternoon.

Lincolnshire won't be closing down over winter so watch this space for the next meet.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1